Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Raradek
Tinkerer
Username: Raradek

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 11:02 am:   

Hello,

my Praktica MTL5 got stucked so i had to open it and unblock some slider.. doing this i accidentally (more than that just from not knowing what i was doing) turned the cogwheel of the light-meter's variable resistor. Now i can't figure out how to put it back to its position that matches the selected shutter speed/ ASA(DIN) value on the knob.

What i would really appreciate is if someone could just open his Praktica's bottom, set up some ASA(DIN) value and try to see how the resistor's contact moves while changing the shutter speed - e.g. at which point the contact comes out of the plastic as it is on the image bellow, so that i can adjust mine..

http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/00Q/00QVJL-64169584.jpg

Thank you so much, it's just 4 screws ;) Or if there is some guru praktica user who could tell by heart.. the resistors contact moves sometimes inside the resistor and sometimes outside, over the non conductive plastic part which i don't quite understand why and what values could use that but it might have something to do with the ones that are marked in orange (B - 15) or white (30 - 1000) on the knob..

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration