Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Raradek
Tinkerer
Username: Raradek

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, June 03, 2013 - 04:00 pm:   

Thank you all for replies!

I will paste Steve Sheppard's post from the link mentioned above, which seems to be in accord with Sillyconguru's answer too (but Steve's seems to be more precise):

"With the bottom cover removed, set the film speed to 20 DIN/80 ASA. At this setting (and only this setting) the metering should function over the whole range of shutter speeds 1 sec to 1/1000 sec.

Check that at the 1 sec and 1/1000 sec speeds, the potentiometer slider is symmetrically placed at opposite extremities of the track. There should only be about 1/32" of carbon track visible beyond the slider at each end (the track is mainly hidden below the "roof" of the component).

If it's wrong, lift the potentiometer again and reposition its gear linkage until you get it right."

The only little unclarity for me is the 80ASA /20DIN value that's mentioned but isn't marked on the scale.. there are 100/21 and 50/18, but that's normal right? I just set the little window in a third of distance in between those values..

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration