Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hollenbj
Tinkerer
Username: Hollenbj

Post Number: 129

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 12:33 pm:   

I feel bad for Dxqcanada. The Canon 50/1.8 is a wonderful lens. And yes, its notorious for haze. I've never found one without some. Mine cleaned up with simple wiping. Its been a great lens since. Oh, and I had an opportunity to purchase a Yashica YF once (in my price range) and regret not doing so.

Dxqcanada, there simply must be Windex at the grocery store or similar market. It's not expensive and mine has sat on the shelf for a long time with no noticable evaporation. If its a matter of Windex brand not being available in your area, do a quick internet search for the comparable brand of window cleaner. Chances are you can get the exact same stuff in a bottle with a different name on it.

I'll ask here. Does anyone notice a pattern between lenses stored in leather and haze? I seem to get the haziest glass from leather cases. Heat and humidity must help with that too. For example, a lens from Florida, stored in its leather pouch for the last 40 years, turned out to be a haze-fest. Funny that the person selling the lens emphasized that it was stored fully sealed in its leather coffin, untouched for 40 years. Like that's a good thing:-) But I've noticed this in general: leather=haze. Am I nuts?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration