Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 571

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 08:28 pm:   

Bad enough you spritzed it with WD-40, but now you want to flambe it with a torch?

First lesson: WD-40 is a no-no, unless the camera is nothing but a pile of rust, and you are dismantling it for the recyclables.

Lesson two: Heat is okay, but not open flame. You'd catch that WD-40 on fire, and then who knows what else. Start with the low setting on the heat gun after letting some alcohol (91% or better) soak in first.

Lesson three: Photos are nice to have when you are asking for help, especially since you have partially dismantled the lens assembly. It will make it easier for someone to coach you through the job.

Lesson four: There are many posts here on various subjects, and you might find something about your particular camera, or a close variant. Use the Search feature in the upper right corner of the screen. Just type in "Taron 35", and see where that takes you.

I've got a Taron, but don't remember what model it is, as it sits in my junk box. I'm pretty busy right now with some personal matters, so I won't have the time to dig it out and dismantle to see what you are talking about. Someone else pretty much wrecked it trying to do repairs before I got it.

PF

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration