Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Erin Boyd

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 07:37 pm:   

Hi, I have Canonet G111 17 that I have cleaned the viewfinder and shutter blades on, plus the lens internals using info from this site. I replaced the front element with one provided by a generous contributor to this site.

I have used the camera for well over a year and it has performed well. The lens barrel has always been a bit loose and going on info from posts in this site I decided to pull back the vynil covering, remove the two front plates and tighten the 4 screws that attach the lens to the body.

O.K. with hindsight I should have just removed 1 screw at a time, dabbed a bit of nail varnish on it and replaced it before moving on to the next. What I did do was remove all the screws and to get to the one that needs the shutter wound on a bit to gain access I refitted the wind lever with the top off the camera and wound it on half way to enable me to remove that screw, with the lens plate not secured to the camera, What has happened now is that the wind lever is stuck firmly about half way through the wind on cycle, the shutter is not cocked as there is full shutter button travel. Any suggestions as to how I can move get the wind lever functioning again?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration