Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard III

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 01:24 pm:   

Dear WernerJB:

Thanks for prefacing your all-caps exclamation-pointed "STOP BEING SO BOSSY !" with "PLEASE". (A spoonful of sugar always helps the medicine go down.) But I must confess I miss your point. If we put aside the issue of whether a Maxuum 7000 should even be discussed on this board, do we really think Brianna was ready to put a shutter in (if that was even the problem) or that it was going to be worth it to her to pay someone else to do it? My vote -- perhaps solitary -- is no.

My answer was really quite similar to the advice you gave to Dave on his Super Paxette: I took off the top cap from mine ... and the spring came out like Jumping Jack Flash, this cured me from German cameras. Take my advice: do NOT open it before you have found out about how to reinstall everything. Mine is still in parts !

I reduced my advice to one word: "Paperweight!" [shorthand for: it is highly unlikely that this will be successful or economical].

If you find this bossy or ridiculous might I politely and courteously suggest you don't bother to read anything posted by me in the future. I'm sure many people have already come to that rather simple solution on their own.

As for an "overdose of false self-esteem" you may wish to consider your own posts in this regard; for example, just because you weren't up to repairing a Super Paxette does it necessarily follow that Dave isn't up to the task? Implicit in your answer was the assumption that Dave's abilities were beneath your own. If I were interested in playing at Dr. Freud I suppose I could label this an "overdose of false self-esteem" -- but I'm not, I'll label it "common sense" and pat you on the head for giving David some sincere advice. My advice to Brianna, terse as it was, was no less sincere.

Now p l e a s e take my sincere advice to you and ignore any other post you see from me. I, on the other hand, will continue to read yours with interest. As much as I dislike the Canon Rebel and Minolta Maxuum questions (and questioners) I truly appreciate the information I glean from this board.

Remember, no more reading my posts, p l e a s e.

Cordially, Richard Rex

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration