Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ron

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 10:12 am:   

Brianna:

There haven't been any parts for the Minolta 7000/7000i in years, Minolta stopped supporting it about 10-11 years ago, if I recall right. They weren't known even then for stocking spares for very long, always introducing a new, different AF model instead of fixing the old one. I very much doubt that even an independent shop would have any stock of NOS parts like shutter module assemblies, at this late date.

Glenn's advice on stripping another used body for the shutter is OK as far as it goes (as long as it's not TKO as well). But the 7000 series is very old and starting to suffer a myriad of electronic difficulties, from breakdown of the aperture stopdown solenoid (again, no spares), AF module, IC failure, circuit board failure, etc, etc. You may end up traveling a path in terms of cost where you could literally spend 2-5 times what a working, more modern secondhand AF Minolta body would cost you.

If you really want an AF Minolta (because you have lenses already??) or you just like them, why not save time and $$ and get a used Minolta body that's a bit newer, not too consumer-level (Minolta made a LOT of cheaply-built low-end AF cameras), and in excellent working condition. Avoid the Minolta 9000 as well. Your newer AF camera will be cheaper, probably last longer, and AF speed is MUCH faster.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration