Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ron Mott

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 08:41 am:   

Thanks Glenn,
I'll send you measurments and digital photos of the arm and the shaft it fits. I have micrometers so it won't be a guess. On my cast aluminum advance lever there is a steel insert that is the boss for the shaft. It's held into the lever by three countersunk screws. That shaft appears to take a 3mm screw of unknown (to me) pitch.

Mechanically, I would guess that there is supposed to be a wave washer also but it's not as complicated as my A-1, who's lever swings out approx. 30 degrees before it engages the advance mechanism.

The only service manual I have found is the original F-1 version on Christian Rollinger's Canon site ( http://www.canonfd.com/choose.htm ).

That is a great site but no one has digitized the F-1N service manual that I can find. I'll make measurements and try the /image {filename} function on this forum. If it doesn't work I'll forward both to your email address.

Thanks again, Ron

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration