Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arnold Harris

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 07:23 pm:   

I bought a filter ring vise tool last summer. So far, I've straightened out two previously dented filter rings on more than 20 Voigtlander Vitessa-Ts that I've acquired since then. I'm doing CLA/refurbishing on all of them, and I now own 26 of these, all the same make and model.

It is important to fit the threaded edges of the convex jaws into the threads on the lens rings.

In some extreme cases, I think Rick Oleson's suggestion to use a rubber-padded radiator hose clamp would be very useful in conjunctin with the filter ring vise. It should help keep the ring round while you are squeezing parts of it outward.

If it comes to a choice of saving the lens filter ring as opposed to saving the filter, obviously you will want to save the lens and all its parts. Filters in various sizes a lot more easily replaceable.

I sometimes wonder why people drop lens, and when they do, why they always seem to land on the filter ring. But that's another forum topic.

Arnold Harris
Mount Horeb WI

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration