Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

newindustar

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 03:58 pm:   

Well if I am reading you right the meter assembly itself has enough mechanical power to drive the apeture directly via linkage.I guess that's my concept of the solenoid. I can see where that entire apeture mechanism must be very free!

I find my self too far ahead of myself however speaking of electronics. I wish I was there already.

I have another mechanical issue. I am assembling the front barrell. The brass plate that locks to the wriggle pin does not seem to have anything to index (lock) itself to the shutter assembly. There are no index pins on the brass plate. There are two small empty holes besides the wire hole.

After I tighten the wriggle nut to a point where there is no barrell slop but without binding the shutter ring, I find that when turning the shutter the black barrel turns with it. The result is the wriggle nut, the black barrell, and the brass plate all turn together which will cause the meter cell wires to get cut (again). Is it solely the friction of the wriggle nut against the center of the brass plate along with the locking cam screw that is supossed to immobilize the brass plate? I am afraid I may have sheared some indexing pin but I do not see not indexing hole on the shutter assembly so perhaps not . I suppose it is possibly that wriggle nut should be very tight to lock the brass plate but if I go so tight I will make the shutter to hard to turn. Any idea where I am off?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration