Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

WernerJB

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 08:15 am:   

What you assume about the power of the meter is not right!
All I am saying is that the meter needle travel allows a certain aperture to form when you push the button by making the mechanism align and stop at the right point, that's all.
Apart from battery, meter and L(ight) D(ependent) R(esistor) there is no electronics at all inside the camera, just take off the top cap and find out for yourself!
The index pin you are looking for is clearly visible in M. Feuerbacher's last photo (green arrow, there is another such pin on the cocking rack for speed selection in the same picture at one o'clock position close to the self-timer lever).
I once repaired an Auto S 1.6 where parts of the lens barrel had been (accidentally?) glued together by an ignorant previous owner, so during disassembly I broke the pin. Unfortunately it is indispensable for the proper functioning of the camera (you describe why this is so), but a repair is rather difficult, not to mention that you need spares from a junker! (It is possible to solder a provisional pin of the right size to where it belongs if spares are scarce, but please note that this is definitely no job for the inexperienced, as it is not very likely that everything goes back together properly again in the end !!!)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration