Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Jones

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 01:32 am:   

Thankyou for your reply. It is indeed the ball bearing type and there is no obvious damage to the levers etc., and it is in very nice condition optically and cosmetically. I bought it on the dreaded eBay and it was not very well packed for the post. It was in its hard case but then just in a rolled over padded jiffy bag. Also there is a gap in the case so it could move up and down. It has both caps.

I did your test with the stop down lever and also observed the iris when fixed to the camera and firing the shutter, and it seemed to work fine. I'm sure if I leave it again the initial stickiness will return.

Maybe if I just use the stop down button on the camera before I start shooting, to make sure it is free, it will do the job.

I would like to add that I am not one for doing my own repairs but just needed an expert's opinion to arm myself with if I need to to take it to be repaired.

Thankyou again,
Dave

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration