Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 03:37 pm:   

Do not know what all the fuss is about and anyway wire or 'string' drives are not unique to Canon. The system has worked well for years and replacement, if needed takes less than an hour. I have found that most breakages occur on cameras that have had a less than professional CLA. Follow the manual and the camera offers no pitfalls to the repairer, professional or amateur.

I have one of the first AE-1s into the UK and it still has its original tungsten wire, even after a hard working life in the laboratory.

The tungsten wire, behaves in a similar fashion to fresnel focusing screens when they are cleaned/washed. I have cleaned many screens over the years - no scratches, marks or other damage ever. Yet for other people they seem to disintegrate as soon as they touch them. Same thing for the tungsten wire. Know the product and handle accordingly and you will have no trouble. Nick or stretch it and you might as well replace before you put the top back on.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration