Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

George Welcher

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 11:48 am:   

Well, the sticky mirror problem is fixed (see previous post), but the meter is off by about 2 stops. I checked it against a Lunasix and a Vivitar 45. For the light conditions measured both meters gave me readings of around 1/250 @ f2 (within a half stop). The Pentax gives me 1/250 @ f4. The difference is cosistent under various lighting conditions.

I did previously disassemble and reassemble the shutter/ASA dial, but it looks to me that unless you loosen the setscrew in the side (I didn't), it can only go back together the way it was before dissasembly, because everything interlocks.

According to Romney, there is a zero adjustment under the rewind knob, but I can't see anything like that through the access hole.

So, how do I proceed? Is there some sort of accessible variable resistor for adjusting the meter under the top? If so where is it located? What other approach should I take? Thanks for any advice.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration