Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frank McLean

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 02:47 pm:   

Hi folks,

Thank you all for the input, it's greatly appreciated. I am definitely going to invest in non-Play-Doh blades. However, one of my main concerns is getting the right size. Like I say -'According to Tomosy, Phillips #0 is my baby, but I've found #00 to be nearer the mark. He also calls camera screws 'crosspoint', so I'd buy those, but they don't come in #0, #00, etc, rather 2mm, 2.5mm, etc, so I'm lost as to what to buy.' At least, the Micro-tools site doesn't label them #0, #00, etc.

If anyone can give me a definitive answer like 'measure the width of one bar of the cross in the screwhead = the crosspoint size you want' (or whatever), I'd be golden. From my reading, crosspoints are designed not to 'cam out', ie let the driver slip out in case of too much torque, whereas Phillips are specifically designed to do that very thing. See, I have done *some* work of my own. I really want to get the primo appropriate tool here.

Thanks in advance and I will be looking into your 'tight screw' search, Henry.

Cheers.

Frank

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration