Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

RL

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 07:14 am:   

The Rolleicord II I have has the red window very close to the edge of the film. On the reala paper backing you can easily see the black line that is right on the edge of the film. This probably explains why Stephen got the spacing wrong. It has a cover for the window, but on the inside the film is not tight against the window nor is there a sign that there has ever been any material to make a light seal against the paper back of the film. There is actually a rib inside the back that does shield the roll from the window, but it is not really sealed.
If you open the window cover you are basically allowing light into the film compartment.
This does not really make sense to me, but I am told by another contributor to this forum this does not matter at the start of the film were the film is still tightly rolled and you are only very briefly setting the film to 1. The spacing mechanism is supposed to take care of the rest of the film and you should not need to open the window to space the frames.
I know on my II that if the counter is not set at 0 when loading film, it will not reset to 1 once you have loaded it.
I have to turn the film wheel in in the camera untill it goes past 12, simulating I have finished a roll of film, otherwise the spring that resets the counter and spacing mechanism at the start of the next film is not cocked and you can push the buttons all you want and it does not set to 1.

I have up to now only filled three BW films in my life, I have not gotten around to try anything involving filters of any kind.

Your Ikonta is probably designed to use the red window for spacing the frames, the rolleicord II as it has a spacing mechanism and a window that appears to line up with the wrong markings for 6x6 is probably not.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration