Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlan_Tim

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   

Hello everyone:
Well maybe the bug has bit, or I am just nuts?
But after much {(painful)headache} deliberation I have come to the decision to embark into restoring my Nikon F camera, and the Photomic finder as well.
This camera has gone with me everywhere, for the last 15 years, after I picked it up for a few bucks from a fella, who wanted a point n shoot. He complained it never took a good picture!
Now after a few hundred rolls or more, dropped once or twice, sent it swimming once, (did you know Nikons float?), I find that my companion no longer wants to play with me the way I want it to. Shutter is sluggish, Meter is erratic, Light leaks everywhere, and the scuffs, and marks, chips in the paint, 1, 2, 4, 8,& 15 speeds all operate at 1/15th, 30 and 60 ok, 125, 250,& 500 all at 125th, and 1000 some wierd 450th thing. Gummy gooey I am sure inside, and if I had all my marbles in place upstairs, I would send my companion to a good camera shop, and empty my pockets out.
But I used to do delicate work, rebuilding meter movements, (remember those?) still have all the tools and then some, so figure this is a good time to give my hand some practice between the shaking and tremors.
So I ask, who thinks I am nuts, and who thinks I should attack the innards of my best friend?
Harlan (Tim)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration