Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 05:19 pm:   

No problem. Remove the small chrome slot-head screw that you can see in side of bayonet ring. Unscrew the ring and remove. Clean the threads on the replacement ring and the lens barrel and then apply a small amount of grease onto threads in ring. I use a Silicone grease that is normally supplied to lubricate the rubber seals in PVC soil/water pipes - this is readily available and gives a nice 'silky' feel to the ring. Replace the ring and screw up a couple of turns, carefully place lens on camera and continue to carefully rotate ring until lens is secure. Now replace the stop screw - do not tighten - and remove lens from body. You can now tighten the stop screw, but note that it is very easy to strip the threads in the soft alloy bayonet ring. I normally secure this screw by putting a small amount of the weakest thread-lock under the head of the screw and then just nipping the screw down.

I use a reversing ring to get the position of the bayonet ring correct, but you can use an extension tube. Use of ring or tube makes it very easy to replace stop screw.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration