Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

m.m

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 05:39 pm:   

Thank you for your notes! They are extremely, extremely helpful. The site you included is clever and I have never thought of that before...it probably works with other cameras as well? It makes me want to try that on all my cameras just to see what turns out.

As for your question on how dirty the Kiev might be, it is actually a bit grimy. It came with dust all over the body--which I have diligently cleaned off. The inside of the camera was a little dirty as well, which is the reason for my concern and desire to clean out. Luckly, nothing looks as though it is rusting or oxidizing. I have tried releasing the shutter and it seems to function well, however, it seems as though it might be a little slow. I need to fix the forwarding barrel first so I can try shoting some film through to see what I might have to work with.

Also, do you have any idea of how alike the Contax is with the Kiev? I hadn't though about it but I could check out a book from the library to learn more about the Contax/Kiev. Thank you for all of your suggestions. p.s. do you know anything about richos and konica's?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration