Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Werner J. Becker
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 01:19 pm:   

Reiner, as you most probably know the Petri Color 35 has a collapsible lens operated by a screw on the rear of the body. I once encountered a similar problem with one of my Color 35s because a previous owner had forcily tried making the camera release when the lens was half way and thus misbent the cocking mechanism.
I think stripping it down to the bones is inevitable if you want to pin down what is wrong (in my case there was another problem: the shutter blades were also hopelessly gummed up, so I was not aware of that other problem first) and I can assure you dismantling is not too difficult. It is the usual routine: taking off the top cap, peeling down the leatherette, removal of the sheet metal coverings, etc). There are three things you have to be careful about. (1)Leave the position of the meter as it is and do not touch the meter needle.
(2)The camera "frame" rails are made of cast metal that is prone to breaking if too much force is used.(3) When testing the shutter you can easily unhook springs on the right (as far as I remember).
BTW, what do you mean by "internal shutter release" ?
I found thje pictures in these links useful: http://homepage1.nifty.com/fukucame/daisaku/d12.htm
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~rd2h-ari/BUNKAI_KOGATA.htm
Poor translation is possible with Google's "language tools".
In the archives I read there was a "repair manual" available, but I have never searched for it. I hope this helps, W.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration