Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 08:29 am:   

As I laid in bed I was thinking through the problem. I can conceive that certain off brand lenses might produce a problem, but the Rikenon which is made by Ricoh, or at least under the Ricoh name, shouldn't. In the past I've had a couple of Minolta AF cameras that would not trip the aperature lever in the lens. For whatever reason the lever in the camera got bent and was not connecting with the camera's aperature lever. With just a very slight bend to the lever in the camera, it started working again, in both cameras.

Now I'm wondering if perhaps the aperature actuating lever in the camera is hanging up on the two lenses with the extra flange which portrudes near the aperture lever in the the lens. The camera works fine with an older PK lens without the extra flange. All this to say, I'm going to examine the lever in the camera to see if possibly it got bent or is misaligned, and bend it very slightly so that it misses the extra flang found on the two normal lenses and see if that might cure the problem. As I said this cured two Minolta cameras, and with luck it may this one as well. I'll post my theory with the results. Harlee

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration