Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 33

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 07:42 am:   

OK. It was worth looking at before delving further.

When the camera's top-plate is removed, the shutter-mode control dial stays with the top-plate. It is not a good idea to attempt disassembly of the dial unless the top plate is first removed. This because there are two parts (one of them a ball-bearing or on some later models a small ballfaced pin) - and an inverted brass "top-hat" which floats inside the shutter release button ( to faciltate cable-release). These are likely to fall into the guts of the camera and then you are in deep trouble.

So to address your "stuck" dial you will have to remove the camera's top-plate. It is nearly midnight here in Australia as I write and I am away for the weekend. So I cannot turn this posting into a step by step guide for top-plate removal.

Somebody else may already have it documented and pass it to you. Next week I will watch this Forum and if you haven't received guidance I will piece it together for you.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration