Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh KR-5 super problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Ricoh KR-5 super problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Danzega
Tinkerer
Username: Danzega

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 05:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just bought a Ricoh KR-5 super which seemed to be working fine, but when i loaded it up with film and went to use it, the shutter release wouldnt go down and let me take a picture. However with a bit of gigeling here and there it worked, although it keeps happening and is very tempramental. I thought i might have loaded the film wrong but still the same without. Any Ideas how to fix it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hovaness
Tinkerer
Username: Hovaness

Post Number: 63

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remember that the wind lever is supposed to lock the shutter when it is pushed in. This is a feature, not a bug. If this is not the problem, remove the bottom plate of the camera and check to see if the shutter release lock is disengaged at the end of the wind cycle.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration