Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Jammed Praktica LTL3 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Jammed Praktica LTL3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Danielvf
Tinkerer
Username: Danielvf

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 06:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A friend found a Praktica LTL3 in a pile of junk at a thrift store, and gave the camera to me. I've never owned a 35mm camera before, so I'm excited to try it out.

However, the rewind button on the bottom is stuck in, which seems to be making the lever not move and shutter not cock.

Am I missing something simple? How should I go about fixing this?

Steve_s
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_s

Post Number: 155

Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rewind button being stuck isn't the problem. The shutter should cock anyway, and it is the action of cocking the shutter that releases the rewind button. The fault must be caused by the fact that the shutter is not cocking, and the problem will be at the top of the camera.

There is a pawl on the mechanism below the wind lever that engages the wind and cocking mechanism. Does it look as though someone may have tried to dismantle the camera before? If the black disc in the centre of the lever had been removed and the circlip below it taken off, it would have been possible for the lever to be lifted so that the pawl did not engage.

If you want to have a go at taking the top cover off there is an article on this forum at https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/prakticanotes.html and I have put my own at http://www.ydo.abelgratis.co.uk/praktica_disassembly.html

Danielvf
Tinkerer
Username: Danielvf

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 07:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Steve! Looks like I have a project ahead of me for a rainy day.

The photos on your disassembly site are great, btw. Very clear.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration