Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Seal replacement. Canonet 1.7 G-III. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Seal replacement. Canonet 1.7 G-III. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_bragg
Tinkerer
Username: John_bragg

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I finally got round to replacing the seals on the Canonet that I bought a mere two years ago. One of those things that got put on the back burner. The sudden renewed interest in this project was sparked by the discovery that my OM1n was also in sad need of attention. I thought that the Olympus would be a good learning experience and make the tricky Canonet easier. It proved to be a rewarding excercise and with the aid of an Interslice kit (Thanks Jon) both cameras are now in top condition again. I would now feel confident to tackle any camera.

John.

Jon_goodman
Tinkerer
Username: Jon_goodman

Post Number: 21

Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 08:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great, John! Light leaks are the most common problem any older camera suffers, and in my experience it is the first thing that makes an owner stop using a camera. Those are two very nice ones, and I'm very glad to hear (a) you did the work, (b) you enjoyed it and (c) you'll be using them. If you like the Canonet, you might want to keep your eyes open for a Konica Auto S2. It is a very nice fixed-lens rangefinder with a very sharp lens.

Jon

Church_st_photo
Tinkerer
Username: Church_st_photo

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 01:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I too bought the Interslice kit. So far I've replaced the light seals on four Nikon FGs and one Fujica STX-1n. Great kit and good instructions!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration