Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X-Series Capacitors...please ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta X-Series Capacitors...please read « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 10:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Over the past few months, there has been considerable discussion about the miniature capacitors used in Minolta X series cameras. Some are tiny electrolytics and others are tantalums. Mouser carries them, however shipping on small quantities drives the price up. I have several of each of the electrolytic styles, and probably could get the tants as well (although I have not seen those fail very often). If members of the group would be interested, I'd be happy to order them in a bulk lot of 30 or so and sell them at cost (item cost plus shipping both ways--probably wouldn't be more than 30 to 50 cents each, if even that much). If anybody is interested, please post or let me know. I'm happy to keep them, and if there is a way to archive this knowledge, I suppose it is possible to make it workable over time. I've sent some to folks here who've asked me about them. They seem to fail often, and many times will help revive one of these cameras.

Jon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Henry

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Like Jon, I too buy several of any electronic component I need. ie. the tantalum capacitor I needed recently. And also like Jon, mine can be gotten for cost plus shipping.

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration