Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto S2 : how to remove wind l... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Konica Auto S2 : how to remove wind lever? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Benny Stevens

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 04:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone, How does one remove the winding lever on a Konica Auto S2 rangefinder camera? Do you have to rotate cw or ccw, or is there a screw under the flat chrome disc on top of the lever? I need to remove the top of the camera because there seems to be 1mm play between the camera top and the body on the wind lever side. Perhaps something is broken off inside? Thank you in advanec and best wishes for 2005! BENNY.

Winfried

Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lever screw is right handed, i.e. you have to turn it counter-clockwise to loosen. You can use a "friction tool", for example a round piece of wood covered with rubber on its tip.

Werner J. Becker

Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 02:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Under the lever there is a flat nut with two notches which on your camera may have come loose, after removing the lever you can easily tighten it by means of a pair of a tweezer-like pliers; on certain cameras there is an additional washer between the nut and the lever installation to obtain a bigger distance between both in order to prevent the lever from scratching the top cover. A broken washer would be another explanation of the "play" you mentioned in your question.

Benny Stevens

Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, thank you for the great info guys! I feel confident to tackle the problem now, knowing what to expect. The meter seems to be 1 or 2 stops off as well, but I guess there is little I can do to correct that.

Werner J. Becker

Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Usually the meters in Auto S 2 cameras are quite accurate and reliable; there is a variable resistor close to the transparent housing of the meter (on the side that borders on the rangefinder)for alignment of the meter, b u t before you change anything here check the soldering joints and the wiring very carefully, including the light sensitive cell (LDR) and the battery check switch (does the needle go up to f11 if switch is pushed?)inside the battery chamber in the bottom of the camera.

benny stevens

Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Werner. Yes, the meter needle moves swiftly all the way up when I press the battery check button, and when I press a little harder/longer the meter comes back downwards to settle on the little red 'battery check' marker on the meter scale. I will check the wires to the meter cell though when I have the camera top off. Thanks for the tip/Vielen Dank.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration