Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 635 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica 635 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hi_country_flash
Tinkerer
Username: Hi_country_flash

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 01:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 35 mm adapator kit for a Yashica 635 that is complete except for the spacer that goes on the one end of the 35 mm film casette. It is the one that appears to be round with a recess and a pin type shaft in it. I have the drive end adaptor. Does any one have a spacer that you can give me the dimensions for, I can easily machine one from brass or plastic if I have the measurements.
Thanks, Dave

Jagstang
Tinkerer
Username: Jagstang

Post Number: 12

Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're talking the knob looking part that screws into the camera? It's aprox. 1/2" thick and 5/8" in diameter, and the plastic around that narrow center pin is sunk in aprox 1/8". The threaded part is about 1/4" deep and also about a 1/4" in diameter. I can't help with thread pitch unfortunately. These are rough (I'd say +/- 1/64th on the dimensions up to 1/32" on the diameters). Hope it helps.

Hi_country_flash
Tinkerer
Username: Hi_country_flash

Post Number: 16

Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YUP---That's the part I was asking about. Never knew till now that the mount for it was threaded, now about all I need to do is find out what thread it is. Probably the best way will to be get some nuts and see what one will screw on , perhaps 6 mm x 1.25 pitch , Japanese products seem to love this pitch, many different diameters of fasteners all use it, unlike US products where every diameter has a different thread pitch. If not that then perhaps 1/4 x 28 would be the ticket. Thanks for the information, now I can get my kit completed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration