Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon T70 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon T70 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Burcea Radu

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need a motor unit for a Canon T70. Does anybody know where I could find such a thing. Can I fit another motor from another camera?

Thanks

Doug Wilson

Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 08:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're better off finding a replacement T70 than attempt such major surgery. You can pick one up relatively inexpensively depending on it's condition. As a matter of fact, I have a very nice example with Command Back 70 just sitting around that I have not used in quite some time. I also carry one, along with a T50 (color), in my car for "just in case." I really like the size and shape of the T70 and it's much lighter than an A-1 with motor drive or power winder attached.

If you are really eager to try and save your T70, you'll find a replacement motor in, believe it or not, another T70 (there may be some NOS motors out there but I've never found any). As I said, this will be major surgery, plan to spend some time doing it.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doug's comments certainly indicate the best way to go. However I do have some Canon T Series electric motors, both new and salvage/reclaimed. They were brought in a job lot of NOS T90 spares. These particular motors were unlabelled/unpackaged. Whilst I have identified some as T90 items, the majority seem to have non T90 codes on them.

If you send me the following details, I will see if I have a replacement;

Diameter of case, Nos of teeth on pinion, length of case, overall length, method of retaining motor ie does motor have a threaded spigot behind pinion or is it held by screws, any ref code printed on case.

The spares are definitely Canon in origin - they originated from a Canon Agency.

Burcea Radu

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you very much. I will try to get the motor out of the camera and i will tell you. The motor axel is broken that's why i said i need another motor unit, but i did not took the motor unit out yet. i shall do this and i'll tell you.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration