Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Prontor SVS Shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Prontor SVS Shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Goldwork
Tinkerer
Username: Goldwork

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 02:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My baby Crown Graphic came with a 101mm Graflar in a Prontor SVS. The shutter seems in surprisingly good shape but I would like to clean the dust off the inside of the front element. I assume, based on a repair doc I found, that it just unscrews but I have been unable to achieve this and am concerned that I might be missing something. Also, is there a way, other than bulb, to open the shutter for focusing on the ground glass? Thanks.

Goldwork
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Never mind on the front element. Tried again and came right off. I'm still interested in knowing if there is a way to open the shutter for focusing, however.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 643

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 02:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unless the shutter is a special "view camera" type, you have to open it on B for focusing. A Graphic was normally used with the viewfinder and rangefinder so they were often equipped with regular shutters instead of view camera types. If it is a view camera shutter, there will be a button or lever somewhere on the side that opens the blades regardless of the speed set or whether or not the shutter is cocked.

Goldwork
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the info, Rick. That does seem to be the case but thought I'd ask to be sure.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration