Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya 645E Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Mamiya 645E « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dgmaley
Tinkerer
Username: Dgmaley

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good afternoon from Cedar Rapids. I was able to purchase a well used 645E from a retiring photographer that looks like it was taken care of. I've cleaned optics and transport. Replaced the battery. Running a test roll through it. It looks like at some time, it either got dropped or someone tried to mount it on a tripod with vicegrip force. The bottom plate is mangeled then glued back together. Wondering if the bottom would be replaceable? Thanks in advance.
Dave....

Mark1eyeball
Tinkerer
Username: Mark1eyeball

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, January 29, 2010 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi - there's a fair chance that Mamiya in the US will carry a replacement part. Furthermore, I've noticed that there's a seller on ebay that offers spare parts for Mamiya 645 and 6x7 cameras and he has certainly listed replacement base-plates, battery compartments, pcb's, etc. Good luck.

Dgmaley
Tinkerer
Username: Dgmaley

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks.
I'll keep an eye out. The factory is not too happy about selling to an end user. I'd like to find one with an internal problem that I can steal the case parts from. There's also some knob wear that should be delt with. Some of the other photographers say that my current glue and tape patchwork gives the camera the look of experience.
Dave...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration