Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Access shutter on Walz Envoy Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Access shutter on Walz Envoy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Floyd51930
Tinkerer
Username: Floyd51930

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 03:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, does anyone out there know how to access the shutter on a Walz Envoy.I tried removing the nameplate with the two slots, but this only accesses the first element. I assume that you turn the thin knurled ring around the nameplate and remove the front group as a whole, but I dont want to guess and wreck it. Thanks in advance for any help.I have searched the archives but info on these is a bit slim, Steve

Sandeha_lynch
Tinkerer
Username: Sandeha_lynch

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, January 14, 2011 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you're right. I don't remember perfectly but I stripped mine down last year and it was all perfectly logical. The only caution is that the flash connection wire is very short and you have to take care not to pull on it.

Floyd51930
Tinkerer
Username: Floyd51930

Post Number: 7

Posted on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the reply, Sandeha,I finally plucked up the courage to try and unscrew the whole assembly, using a rubber bath plug.Hallelujah!Cleaned out the shutter, and shot a test roll today, its hanging in the bathroom, looks promising. Thanks again, Steve

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration