Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mask for Bencini Koroll ? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Mask for Bencini Koroll ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul_c
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_c

Post Number: 22

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 07:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

The Koroll (S) is an 6x6 camera but with the suitable mask it is suitable for making 6x4.5 negatives (on the back are two windows for the filmcounter).Problem is:everyone is talking about this mask but I have never seen one.
Of course I can make one myself but I wonder:has anyone seen the original one?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 243

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't taken mine apart to see the exact construction, but just looking at it, it appears to be two pieces of U-channel mounted just inboard of the rollers.

Could dismantel it for better photos and measurements of the pieces. Might be a couple of days before I get to it.

PF

Paul_c
Tinkerer

Post Number: 23

Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 03:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That would be great ! I do have the hood,filters,case and even the little cardboard box for the filters and a home-made mask will do the job for me until I find the original one.

take your time, regards, Paul

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 244

Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 09:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul, took some photos last night of the masks. There are actually two, one for each side, and they just slide in. If you look at it end on, it looks like an art-deco style 7. The downstroke curves a bit to make it spring loaded, and thus hold tight inside the camera.

It measures 3.6mm on the up stroke, 6.7mm on the cross stroke, and 25.7mm on the downstroke. the lower corners are rounded to comply with the inner shape of the lens chamber.

I'll get the pictures up tomorrow. I've got two sets of yellow filter+hood for mine. One came with it, and the other I bought when I forgot I had the first set. It also came with the lens cap, though I only have one of those.

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 245

Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul, photos of the mask inserts for 645 negatives on the Koroll.

As Installed

One Removed

Mask End

Mask Side Towards Center Of Lens Chamber

Mask Side Towards Lens Chamber Wall

The mask is 57.5mm wide, tapering down to 57mm at the start of the radius cuts on the corners, which are 10mm. Metal thickness is 0.4mm

You can see the round detents just inside the lens chamber that the curved portion of the mask slides behind, in order to hold it in place tightly.

Hope this helps.

PF

Paul_c
Tinkerer

Post Number: 24

Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 01:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Phil,

This is the first time I see pictures of this mask.I think you're just lucky to have them sit in the camera upon purchase.(and most sellers dont know they are there or not)
I think every household in England has such a camera in the attic .They are quite affordable, except for this one.
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/300669656150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423 .l2649#ht_500wt_949

Thank you for this information.

kind regards, Paul.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 246

Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're welcome, Paul. I was extremely lucky on that camera. And I came no where near paying what the buyer did on the one you noted.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration