Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Removing the objective of a Kodak Ret... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Removing the objective of a Kodak Retina Automatic III « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Petra

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 05:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello everybody!, this forum is great. I have a problem. i can't remove the objective from my Kodak retina Automatic III and don't have any idea how to do it. I tried several times but it looks like a poser. Is it really so hard? I got it couple of days ago from my uncle along with 6 objectives which i also wanna try but i can't remove the 45 mm one....
does anybody can help me?

paul ron

Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 09:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a silver tab you must gently and very slightly lift over the notch it sits in as you turn it out.

Petra

Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

paul, thank u, but if it was so simple i would've done it two days ago. i don't see this silver tab, actually i'm not sure if it really exists. If it's not a problem for you can you write me on which side of the camera is this thing?

paul ron

Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This tab is connected to the lens and sits in a square notch. It may look like part of the camera to you. I don't have a III here right now or I'd send you a pic of it. Try looking it up via google, I remeber seeing something on a Retina site, or maybe I downloaded the manual for the camera, found that via google too.

paul ron

Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 03:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/kodak_auto_iii/kodak_retnia_auto_iii.htm

try this site for the manual.

Chris Sherlock

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 02:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Petra,

I don't know what you think you are going to acheive with theis camera, the lens is fixed, it is not interchangable. Whatever lenses you have there are either for another camera entirely or they are just close-up lenses or filters designed to be fitted on the existing lens.

Ignore all that stuff about 'silver tabs' above, that is not relevant to this model.

Regards, Chris Sherlock

Petra

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hallo, i've already read the manual from the site above and there is nothing about 'silver tabs' really or about any possibility of removing the objective. So Chris you're maybe right. Thank u very much! I'll just take it to a professionalist to make sure i can't change lenses. This is complete distaster, because i got 6! kodak lenses from 24 to 120 mm all looking very promising.. If there is no way to remove this 45 mm lense i'll definitely try to sell it.. :(

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration