Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Light streaks on film for Kodak Retin... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Light streaks on film for Kodak Retina II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tagg
Tinkerer
Username: Tagg

Post Number: 23

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/Taggerung17/KodakRetinaandLens.jpg

That is how the picture actually looks. The edges are fine, the entire thing appears to be in focus, but it is hard to tell because of the light streak that cuts right through the picture. Some pictures turned out fine (maybe 1-2 out of 24, and it is still slightly visible on them), but most of them had the streak like the picture shown. What would cause this? How would I fix this? For good measure, I have also thrown in a picture of the front lens element I received from Chris for the camera, a perfect match. I'm curious if the black paint that is flaking off the back might be the culprit or if it is something entirely different, thanks!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/Taggerung17/KodakRetinaandLens004.jpg

~Neil

P.S. I have some other pictures of the camera and the front of the front lens element if anyone is interested.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 24

Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You've got a light leak somewhere. Check your bellows.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 339

Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ditto, that's not flare from a lens, and it looks too big to be coming from a leak in the back too.... a bellows leak is most likely.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration