Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica C35AF2 Yellow Stripes ramdomly... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Konica C35AF2 Yellow Stripes ramdomly in photos « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Catittap
Tinkerer
Username: Catittap

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My grandmother has a Konica C35AF2 camera which is auto focus and built in flash.
In the last 24 rolls of film we developed there are vertical yellow stipes but in no specific place horizontally meaning the yellowish tint could be in the middle on one picture then the next picture turns out great with no yellow tint but then the next one might be on the right side of the picture with a narrower stripe of yellow tint.
Does anyone know what is causing this?
Her short term memory is such that if I were to change her camera she would have trouble using a different one. So I would like to solve this problem for her.
Also, the problem happens even when I use it too so I know it isn't anything particular to her using it.
If you are going to suggest that I take apart the camera to do something could you please let me know where I can find a repair manual on the net. I have looked and haven't found one yet.
This has been a great camera and takes good pictures. My grandma has always been interested in photography. She worked hard to sell items in a catalog that when she sold enough they sent her a Brownie camera. That was around 1920. She even had her own darkroom for a short while in the 60's. I have to brag because she is amazing and now 97 still likes to photograph.
Thanks for any help.
Yellow Stipe Tinted Photo

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 32

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 02:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The camera has a light leak.

Read Jon Goodman's article on how to repair:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/sealreplacement.html

Jon's kits are the best.

F16sunshyn
Tinkerer
Username: F16sunshyn

Post Number: 11

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 05:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donnie is right, the camera has a light leak. It is a simple DIY fix. However if you attempt repair and still have trouble. I have a C35 auto focus to donate to your grandmother. It is in the box with instructions just pay for shipping. I will check this string for a couple days. Try the fix first and then let me know. My guess is the leak you have is from the hinge seal. Cleaning is most important. Good luck

Catittap
Tinkerer
Username: Catittap

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 09:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your help! I took a quick look before posting this reply at Jon Goodman's instructions and they look like great instructions with lots of pictures. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration