Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Industar 22 repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Industar 22 repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Likaleica1
Tinkerer
Username: Likaleica1

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know how to take apart the Soviet Industar 22 collapsible f3.5 lens fitted to Zorki 1 cameras ? Following the Zorki Survival site instructions, I have got as far as having removed the tiny screw in the front lens flange, and have tried to unscrew the flange from the lens barrel. For a few turns it is ok, then it butts up against the aperture (iris) setting ring and becomes tight. Do I carry on twisting hard, or does the aperture ring have to be removed separately ? does anyone who has done this job know please ?

Thanks

Simon
http://www.likaleica.com

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 165

Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As we have just moved house, I cannot lay my hands on an example of the collapsible 22 at the moment. However, I suspect that the grubscrew that you have removed is the front 'flange' lock screw. You have to remove the the front lens cell, complete with iris ring, before the front flange can be removed. The lock screw for the front cell assembly is actually located about halfway down the sliding barrel. On removing this grubscrew, you should be able to unscrew the cell plus iris ring. I seem to recall just using the iris ring to unscrew the item, but if this does not work look inside the rear of the barrel to locate the driver slots in the rear of the front cell. I seem to remember that there are two on the rear of the actual housing, of course this assumes that you have already removed the rear lens group from the barrel.

When you remove the front assembly, do not loose the alloy shims that go between the actual assembly and the barrel.

Likaleica1
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 04:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks Glenn. This sounds right - I was pondering the purpose of the grubscrew in the lens barrel.
I have not removed the rear lens group yet. In fact, I probably need only to remove either the front lens group or the rear - to give me access to the back of the optics. The reason for the strip down is that the lens was professionally serviced, but the technician put it back together left oil marks on the lens optics ! The job was done in Russia - so the repairer is sending me a replacement lens. But I don't want to bin an otherwise perfectly good lens. Can you advise me how to clean that oil off please ?
Thanks again for your help

Simon

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 166

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use a micro fibre lens cloth and a spot of lighter fluid. The lens is then gently wiped with a lens cloth that is only ever used on freshly cleaned lenses. If you always use two cloths, there is never any chance of re- contaminating the lens surfaces.

On very dirty lenses I have used water and washing-up liquid many times - cheaper than buying lens cleaner.

Likaleica1
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 01:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks very much again Glenn - I will let you know how I get on.
Simon

Sergey_ilyin
Tinkerer
Username: Sergey_ilyin

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 05:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Simon, please don't try to take apart lens groups before removing the whole lens block. Industar-22 is very simple lens and if you correctly remove the lens block from the lens body, you can easily unscrew rear and front lens groups.

I usually prefer dedicated cleaning liquids for removing oil.

I have camera service book at the table (in russian) so if you have further questions -- please ask them :-)

Sergey

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration