Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Light Seals - Praktica MTL 3 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Light Seals - Praktica MTL 3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ianus
Tinkerer
Username: Ianus

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I am about to change the light seals on my Praktica MTL 3 since there is some kind of light leakage.
I found only a strip of the old seal on the side of the hinge. There was no seal on the latch end and in the top and bottom slots of the back-door.

Is it right, that there is only the one seal at the hinge or is there something missing in my camera.

Greetings
Tobias

Steve_s
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_s

Post Number: 50

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 02:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Every Praktica I've seen has string type seals in the top and bottom slots (but nothing at the latch). Are you sure they are not there? The hinge seal is the most likely to be the cause of the problem. I used 1.5 mm foam here, but 1 mm might do it.

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 16

Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 02:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with Steve, my Praktica MTL 3 has string type seals top and bottom - nothing at the latch - and a fabric/velvet type seal at the hinge, this I need to replace with foam as it is falling apart. A nice solid, well made camera should last forever!

Alf

Ianus
Tinkerer
Username: Ianus

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 01:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your answers,

I had a look again to the top and bottom slots and there were some kind of strings. It looked a bit like a twisted thread and I didn't count it as a light seal.
I already changed the hinge seal with foam since I had a light strip on the small side of the negatives. I hope this will do the trick.

Tobias

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration