Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need Rollei SL35 Film Rewind Knob Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Need Rollei SL35 Film Rewind Knob « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peidave
Tinkerer
Username: Peidave

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 04:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was recently given a working Rolleiflex SL35 body, but it is missing its film rewind knob. Does anyone have a spare knob they might be willing to part with.

Alternatively, is there another make or model of camera who's rewing knob might have the same thread as the Rollei has?

Peidave
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 02:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another thing which I would love to find for this camara is a Rollei Soft Release (205 660) which threads into the shutter button cable release socket on the SL35 or SL350 cameras to provide a larger position for the photographer's shooting finger.

I was able to verify that the metering does appear to work on the camera last night, though with the equipment I have I will have to wait till I can try some film in it to see if it is metering correctly. So it is worth spending some time and effort on it.

I have tried a couple of rewind knobs from other brands of cameras on the Rollei's rewind shaft, but the diameter of the shaft is smaller than the shaft on the Rollei.

So, I am still trying to find someone with a junked SL35 who would be willing to part with the film rewind knob (crank).

Thanks again,

Dave

Peidave
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 05:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The film rewind knob has been found. still looking for a soft release for the camera....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration