Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Missing shutter release button on Mir... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Missing shutter release button on Miranda Sensorex « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hermy2
Tinkerer
Username: Hermy2

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased a Sensorex. The body is in beautiful condition, with one exception. The shutter release button is missing. This is an original Sensorex, where the shutter release is on the face of the camera, just to the left of the lens. The piece should be about 1/4 – 3/8” high and a little more than 3/8” wide. It looks like the piece would screw on top of the threaded post just to the left of the lens, but since I've never done this, I can't be sure. The pictures should tell the story. Any ideas where to get one? Can anyone help? Thanks. sensorex with missing shutter button 1Missing Sensorex Shutter Button 2sensorex with missing shutter button 3

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 368

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd look for a junk Sensorex; they come up from time to time, and if yours is a good working example it shouldn't be too hard to find a beat one to donate a SR button. You could probably have one made, but it would cost a bundle and still wouldn't be right.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 171

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 06:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your missing the actual button, and the threaded collar that holds the assembly onto the part that is still attached to the body.

Hermy2
Tinkerer
Username: Hermy2

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the info. Anyone have a beat up old sensorex with a shutter release button that you are willing to part with? Contact me directly (through my member name) and we can work things out. Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration