Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Thank You! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Thank You! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vegtablesadist
Tinkerer
Username: Vegtablesadist

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow! Thank you so much! I just left our local "Goodwill" close to noon yesterday (9-7-'07) w/a pristine 'Canon EX EE QT Auto' complete w/case, lens-cap & 'Vivitar 48mm UV Haze filter' for $4.31!!! I've been wating for the Great "I AM" to drop an older Canon or Nikon SLR into my deeply interested and underfunded hands for 4 years. Just 2 slight scratches on the bottom & a miracle....no leaky battery to extract! Clean enough to eat on!!!
I've fallen for these older SLRs in a deep way. I add this sweetie to my other two, a 'Yashika Electro 35' & a 'Canonet 28' w/'Canolite D' flash. I highly value the craftsmanship, function, innovation, beauty of form & even their quirks & oddities(not to mention the quality of exposure achievable w/my learning curve). Also, being disabled I live on a very fixed income, that's polite for "poor", and find it hard to fund even this hobby. Thank you for making the 'EX EE QL' manual available for free!!!!
Lastly, discovering my interest, my sister gave me her older 'HP Photosmart 350'. I tell you truly, I am not a Luddite! However, I cannot escape the impression that digital cameras are hideous abominations!!! They cheapen the whole art & experience of photography by eliminating gained skill & applied acumen. Digital Imaging, however, is a tremendous breakthrough having endless potential! I was a software engineer so I'm excited about it, but being flesh & blood I need the romance of true, pure photography. I'm afraid that when held aside the mastery & eloquence of Ansel Adams or Gail Rubin the megapixle is just cheep & tawdry!
Once more, thank you,
Brian S. B. Hull (aka The Vegtablesadist), enthusiastic photo-newbie
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Olly_ympus
Tinkerer
Username: Olly_ympus

Post Number: 43

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 08:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations on your find and many more to come.
I agree,...digital is well,...just digital and soul- less compared to real film.
I am back into my film cameras with a vengeance after being briefly enamored by the digital thing. Digital has it's place but it can NEVER truly take the place of film.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration