Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

T90 problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » T90 problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jhuling
Tinkerer
Username: Jhuling

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 06:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a T90, and the eyepiece shutter is stuck in the closed position. Can one of you give me some advice on repairing it myself, or direct me to someone who can? thanks

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 173

Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The eyepiece shutter is easily repaired/cleaned once the camera top cover is removed. To remove the eyepiece lever, remove the rubber center cover to reveal the retaining screw. The top cover is not particularly well sealed around the eyepiece frame, this allows dirt/moisture to reach the eyepiece shutter blades. Most of the ones I have cleaned seemed to have been gummed up with spilled beer/other beverages!

You can find the T90 repair manual on the internet. However the only real point to remember is that you should only loosen the two screws, located above and below the back catch button, just enough to allow the frontplate to be sprung free - after removing all other frontplate screws. If you remove the aforesaid screws, you will allow the catch spacers to become free and cause you some grief as you relocate them!

As you do not indicate were you are located, I cannot advise on a repairer if you do not fancy DIY, but any good repair shop will be able to free the mechanism very quickly.

Jhuling
Tinkerer
Username: Jhuling

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks Glenn

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration