Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shortcut on Gossen Luna Pro F Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Shortcut on Gossen Luna Pro F « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Utku
Tinkerer
Username: Utku

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have a gossen luna pro f light meter which does not have any problem on light metering. But, consequently, after taking a measurement it does not zero the needle to its original position, resting on whereever I set the needle.

Thus, it's draining the battery.

I suspect of a shortcut, can you guys help me how to fix it ? I really like this meter, and using it.

Regards,

Utku

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 174

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A very silly question; have you inadvertently locked the red measuring button in the extended measuring position? If it has not been worn off by use, there will be a white index sector on the end of the button. By holding in the button and turning clock or anticlockwise, you can set the white index against a square setting mark - meter switches off automatically after 30secs - or a circular setting mark - meter remains on all the time and does not record the exposure value.

The circuit board in this meter is extremely reliable and a short-circuit not very likely. The microswitch may be faulty/dirty or the timing chip faulty.

I do not know where you are situated, but Gossen in Germany will recondition these meters for a very reasonable fee. Here in the UK, the meter is returned to Germany via the UK agent/distributor. I suppose the same arrangement could be available to you.

Utku
Tinkerer
Username: Utku

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 05:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've already checked that, of course...

Since I'm in Turkey, returning to Gossen is more expensive than getting a new one..

Thanks anyway..

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 175

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unless you are really experienced in repairs to modern electronics, the options open to you are fairly limited.

To open the case, gently pry off the rear metal data plate. remove the four brass slot-head screws and separate the case halves. You can now remove the cell and circuit board if required. To remove the 'computer' dial, pry out the centre decorative alloy disc from the retaining screw and use a pair of needle nosed pliers to unscrew the retainer.

As previously stated; unless you have knowledge of electronics repairs, all you can do is clean the micro switches and look for obvious signs of damage.

As a point of interest Gossen will send you a replacement alloy data plate and decorative circular disc free of charge. Just log onto their German web site and search for the small parts request/order form, then explain what you require. This is most useful, as it is almost impossible to remove the fear plate without creasing it.

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 16

Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While I only have experience with the Luna Pro, not the Luna Pro F, I suspect your meter is working perfectly. The Luna Pro has a needle trap, which holds the reading after you release the switch on the side. Makes it much easier to use.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration