Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Viewfinder lense for Rolleiflex T Camera Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Viewfinder lense for Rolleiflex T Camera « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peidave
Tinkerer
Username: Peidave

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I received a Rollei T today with a nunber of problems. Most significant is the viewfinder lense arrived rolling around in the bottom of the box. The threads are damaged, and it will not screw back in. Additionally, the outer lense is severely clouded. The lense is labelled Heidosmat 1:2.8/75. The thread inside the camera looks ok - it appears it is only the lense thread which is damaged. It appears from tool marks around the circumference as though this has been forced out with pliers.

Other than that, the camera's other prroblems appear to be largely cosmetic, other than the little "bump" on the lower end of the camera that the back lock lever engages on. The shutter speeds appear to be at least close to where they should be, the advance lever works well and all other functions would appear to work.

Love the way the eBay seller made no mention of this problem, but if you look at his photos of the camera, you can see the lense is not fully seated:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140157995773

Does anyone know of an inexpensive source for a new viewfinder lense for this camera? One off a donor camera would be just fine - only problem is I have to find one. I would dearly love to be able to use this camera but can't currently afford to spend a lot on it...

Dave
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peidave
Tinkerer
Username: Peidave

Post Number: 30

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A correction to the above. It has been pointed out to me this is a Rollieflex 3.5 or "MX" camera, not a "T".

Dave

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration