Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Needed Rolliekin Screws Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Needed Rolliekin Screws « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peidave
Tinkerer
Username: Peidave

Post Number: 31

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 05:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All:

Does anyone know of a source for counter screws for a Rolliekin:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170155676244

The screws appear to me missing in the eBay photo as is the mask for the lens hood, but it does have the all-important counter knob.

These screws would be required to fit a Rollieflex MX camera - don't know what pitch its screws are...

Dave

Lucas
Tinkerer
Username: Lucas

Post Number: 32

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 07:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The mask for the lens hood is something you can do without. I have used my rolleikin with and witout it and I cannot see any difference on the exposures. The screws for the knobs are the same size thread on all the post war Rolleiflexes I have seen sofar. The heads of the screws for the rolleikin are really long so you cannot use the standard knob screws.

Lucas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 38

Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rolleikin counter dial/frame advance screw.

Head diameter 2.5 mm, height of head 5.6 mm.
Thread diameter 1.7 mm, pitch 0.5 mm.
1.7mm diameter part is 3.75 mm long, the last 1mm underneath the head is not threaded.
Total lenght of screw 9.35 mm

Peidave
Tinkerer
Username: Peidave

Post Number: 36

Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lucas:

Thanks! Fortunately, I now have a set of each type of screw here, and the Rolleikin, so am all set.

Thanks

Lucas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 39

Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have fun, it is great for experimenting with the Rolleiflex without burning lots of 120 film. I use it sometimes for portraits.
After a while it feels a bit like running an eight cilinder car on four cilinders because you want to save on gasoline, the Rolleiflex is definitely made for 120 film.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration