Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon TX curtain fault Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canon TX curtain fault « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Daytonatwin
Tinkerer
Username: Daytonatwin

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 03:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The second curtain on my canon TX is not contacting the first curtain correctly and subsequently it is not activating the mirror after a shot is taken. I also noticed that the lower part of the bar on the second curtain is further back, where as, the upper part of the leading bar is more in contact with the first curtain. I have partially stripped and oiled/greased some of the pins and ratchets but the problem still persists. Any body have any ideas how to fix my favourit camera.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 402

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it sounds like maybe one of the curtain ribbons has come off its spool....

Daytonatwin
Tinkerer
Username: Daytonatwin

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 02:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No I don't think so, as the curtain still operates but not properly. Any one have any ideas. The curtain still operates, but according to a camera manual it says it may be the curtain needs tensioning, but I have tried the tensioning screw and that has not worked either.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 195

Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suspect the adhesive has failed and the secured end of the blind/ribbon has slipped on the roller/spool. The wrap of fabric around the roller tends to hold the ribbon to the roller, thus giving the appearance that all is well attached.

I do not know the layout of the TX. However if there is an idler roller, Rick's answer may be correct. If the ribbon has come off the idler the shutter may still operate, but one edge will be slack.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 403

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 03:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Instead of coming unglued, it might have just slipped out of line so the wraps are lying side by side instead of neatly on top of each other. This happens sometimes... sometimes it will fix itself over several operations, sometimes not. I don't have notes on reaching this area in a Canon, I'm afraid it might not be so easy....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration