Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh A-100 Super problem and getting... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Ricoh A-100 Super problem and getting top off Kodak Retina II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tagg
Tinkerer
Username: Tagg

Post Number: 24

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two issues this time:

Someone just donated a Ricoh A-100 Super to me to do with as I see fit. Problem is it has a zoom lens stuck on it. Years and years ago, the previous owner twisted it on, and when it came time to remove it, found that he no longer could. He has several other interchangeable lenses, but they are no good with this one stuck on. What happens is the unlock button can be pushed down, and then the lens can be twisted counter-clockwise for 5 or so degrees and then it stops. The person before me tried to use a bit of elbow grease to get it off, but that didn't work very well; would anyone have any suggestions before I reserve this camera for only zoom-in shots? I was hoping to find a parts-only Ricoh a-100 super on ebay so I could see how the locking mechanism works, but for once ebay does not have one single model of this camera.

And secondly, something that has been driving me crazy for quite some time, I could never quite figure out how to get the top off my Kodak Retina II camera. I've been wanting to do this so I can clean up the rangefinder and make it clearer. I can get all the screws and the rewind lever, but the winder is a source of great mystery for me. The IIa's are easy as they can be unscrewed with a spanner. The model of this Retina II is post-war 011, and I'm guessing I'm going to need a wrench, but how am I supposed to use it? Should I use it to hold the bolt in place and twist clockwise on the knob? counter-clockwise? I know this is a pretty basic question, but I've never found anything specifically detailing how to do this, even on Chris's camera pages; does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks
~Tagg
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tagg
Tinkerer
Username: Tagg

Post Number: 25

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just bumping this as it has been a week with no responses. Can anyone help me with either of these two questions?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration