Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Jammed new FD mount lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Jammed new FD mount lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Analogguy
Tinkerer
Username: Analogguy

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I bought a used Canon New FD mount 200mm f2.8 and upon receipt discovered that I am unable to mount it on my F-1. I know that the red plastic nipple on the outside of the mount and the red painted index on the inside are supposed to be aligned for a person to mount the lens onto the camera and lock it in place.
With the older FD breechlock lenses it is easy to correct that problem but on the newer lenses I have no idea where to poke or prod to solve the problem.

I hope that someone can help me.

Thank you

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 409

Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just press in on the silver release button on the side, and grab the inner part of the back end of the lens and turn it until the red dots align. It will lock into that position when it gets there.

Analogguy
Tinkerer
Username: Analogguy

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That worked. That was so simple, probably why I hadn't thought of that.
Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration