Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon EOS GII curtain Blade out of place Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canon EOS GII curtain Blade out of place « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mountain_monkey
Tinkerer
Username: Mountain_monkey

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 05:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Canon GII The curtain blades were out of place. I was able to slip all but one back with a toothpick. The bottom blade I cannot get into place and this prevents the curtain from opening all the way. Anyone have a diagram of which screws I could remove to resolve the issue? Or have any other easy fix for it? It is solely the bottom blade of the curtain that is not properly in place and causing this headache.
Thanks

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 410

Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I cannot imagine that this is an easy fix. I've repaired a couple of metal shutter blades in mechanical Nikon and Konica cameras... it was a lot of work, and they were much simpler cameras than any Canon EOS.

Mountain_monkey
Tinkerer
Username: Mountain_monkey

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got lucky. After studying it and getting the first set of blades in I realized the way it needed to be. One bottom , inner blade held up. I took time, thought it out, tried and succeeded, using a soft ended toothpic and being gentle not to bend or warp a blade. It went back into it's correct slot and now everything is perfect. No light gets through when all the layers are closed so it's done... Now for the test roll to insire it's all right. I am lucky that i used to tinker with SLRs years ago. This would not have been a beginners fix at all.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 412

Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 08:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

whew!!! good luck with the test roll!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration