Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica T3 jammed shutter advice please Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Konica T3 jammed shutter advice please « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Impman71
Tinkerer
Username: Impman71

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 02:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I have just bought a konica T3 which seemed to be working fine until I used the depth of field preview lever. I've read the instructions so made a point of not pressing the button in the middle.
The lever is now feeling as though it has come unattached inside as it freely rotates all the way around with no resistance felt.
The shutter worked ok a few times after this happened, but now it seems to have jammed.
The mirror is in the up position, the shutter is closed & the indicator on top is green to say the shutter is cocked.
Any advice on this is greatly appreciated. It is a really clean body & lens that I would like to have working.
Thanks for any advice,
Colin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 05:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The camera may just require resetting by disengaging the wind lock and winding on to tension the mirror mechanism. That is easy to do by removing the base plate. The best source for this info is T. Tomosy's book 'Camera Repair No1'. He also covers a major strip-down of the T1 which is similar to the T3.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration